Great summery pie using leeks and tomatoes. Don't worry, its not sweet. Use low fat cheese to make it even better for you. From Woman's Day magazine. TIP: Serve within 1 hour to avoid soggy crust
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet.
- 2Add leeks and saute until soft, about 6 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, oregeno, salt and pepper and saute until garlic in fragrant.
- 4Remove to a plate.
- 5Wipe skillet with a few wadded paper towels.
- 6Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and bread crumbs.
- 7Stir for 3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 8Sprinkle 1 cup leeks over bottom of the pie crust.
- 9Sprinkle with the cheese.
- 10Lay tomato wedges on their sides on top of the cheese in one layer.
- 11Top with remaining leeks; sprinkle bread crumbs around the edges.
- 12Bake for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until hot and tomatoes are hot.
- 13Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.1
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 730.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g