Recipe by Willowdragon
Easy peasy tomato pie. My boss gave me this recipe when I had an overabundance of tomatoes. Extremely delicious.
- 5 -6 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pie crust (9 inch)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tomatoes into pie crust. Sprinkle tomatoes with some of the seasonings as you layer them into the pie crust.The potato pie crust from the Moosewood cookbook is the best for this recipe, but any pie crust can be used.
- Mix together remaining ingredients (mayo, cheese, & seasoning) until it achieves the consistency of cake frosting then completely cover the tomatoes.
- Bake for roughly 20 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Optional: Use ricotta cheese and put sautéed onions on top or sprinkle with a little cooked and chopped bacon.
- Note: Seasoning measurements are approximate, you can use more or less to your taste.