Recipe by jean1
this dish is great when you have more tomatoes then you know what to do with. It always makes a nice lunch meal, as well as a dinner meal
Top Review by TeeBee
It sounds deceptively simple, but this is a fantastic recipe! It's so tasty, I could easily eat an entire pie by myself. I usually make two at a time because it gets gobbled up so fast.
- 1-9 inch pie crust
- 2-3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1.23 ml chives, basil
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise, lite
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 425F degrees.
- Follow the recipe for basic pie crust but bake the crust for only 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven to 400F degrees.
- Line the bottom of pie crust with tomato slices.
- Sprinkle on spices.
- In bowl, mix mayonnaise and cheese.
- Spread evenly over the tomato slices covering all the edges (like putting on iceing).
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Serve at once while still hot and bubbling.