Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Served with a salad, this fresh, simple tart makes a great vegetarian meal. You can use any size phyllo sheets and adjust the toppings accordingly. We used 14-by-18-inch sheets and rolled the rim making a 9-by-13-inch tart. Source: Relish Mag
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 phyllo pastry sheets
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 medium red and orange tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine butter and garlic. Place 1 phyllo sheet on pan. Brush with butter mixture. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and butter mixture.
- Sprinkle phyllo with mozzarella to within 2 1⁄2 inches of the edges, top with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with feta cheese and basil. Roll phyllo edges to form rim. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until phyllo is crisp and cheese is melted.
This is a very simple, clean recipe. The contrast between the tomatoes and with the basil make it very pretty. If you want your basil to remain green, and not turn black, sprinkle it on after cooking as a garnish.