Recipe by Impera_Magna
Found in a newspaper insert and posted b/c I want to be able to find this again... the photo looks incredibly delicious and now it's summer... there are a lot of good tomatoes available!
Top Review by Trace J #2
Great recipe!! It IS really easy to make. Brought it to a party and everyone loved it. Also made another and changed the tomatoes to sauteed onions, mushrooms and zucchini which was also delicious!! Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 phyllo pastry sheets
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 medium red and orange tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Combine butter and garlic.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on pan and brush with butter/garlic mixture.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo and butter/garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle phyllo with mozzarella to within 2.5" of the edges.
- Top with sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with feta and basil.
- Roll phyllo edges to form rim.
- Bake 20-25 minuntes, til phyllo is crisp and cheese is melted.
- NOTE: You can use any size phyllo sheets and adjust the ingredients accordingly.