Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is an easy dish to prepare. The marinade can be made a day ahead as well as the salsa. It takes very little time to grill.
- 1⁄4 cup dry sun-dried tomato
- 1 cup basil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 peaches, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- In bowl cover tomatoes with boiling water and soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain and put in food processor.
- Add basil,garlic, and oil and process until finely mixed.
- Place in large bowl, add chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Peach Salsa: Combine ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat greased grill to medium and cook for about 6 min.
- per side or until no longer pink Serve with salsa.
Thank you Kate...this was tasty, visually attractive, quick to prepare summertime meal. I was intrigued by the taste combination of a tomato/garlic based marinated and the peach/onion salsa. It worked well and the black beans were a nice texture variation. I did tamper with the recipe slightly. In that I was only serving three people I halved the amount of chicken, and reduced the amount of oil in marinade to just over a quarter cup but there was still ample to coat the reduced serving size. Also because peaches are not yet in season here, I used canned peaches. I would like to try this recipe again with fresh peaches to see how much if any effect it has on the salsa. I opted for the over-night marinating as well as the day before prep for the salsa. I think it made for a more complete blending of flavours; to say nothing of the time saving feature on what turned out to be a hectic day. (prepared for COOKOUT Cookaton/ July 1st – 4th /2002)