Recipe by Kate in Ontario
This is an easy dish to prepare. The marinade can be made a day ahead as well as the salsa. It takes very little time to grill.
Top Review by Myrna in London
Thank you Kate...this was tasty, visually attractive, quick to prepare summertime meal. I was intrigued by the taste combination of a tomato/garlic based marinated and the peach/onion salsa. It worked well and the black beans were a nice texture variation. I did tamper with the recipe slightly. In that I was only serving three people I halved the amount of chicken, and reduced the amount of oil in marinade to just over a quarter cup but there was still ample to coat the reduced serving size. Also because peaches are not yet in season here, I used canned peaches. I would like to try this recipe again with fresh peaches to see how much if any effect it has on the salsa. I opted for the over-night marinating as well as the day before prep for the salsa. I think it made for a more complete blending of flavours; to say nothing of the time saving feature on what turned out to be a hectic day. (prepared for COOKOUT Cookaton/ July 1st – 4th /2002)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sun-dried tomato
- 1 cup basil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 peaches, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl cover tomatoes with boiling water and soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain and put in food processor.
- Add basil,garlic, and oil and process until finely mixed.
- Place in large bowl, add chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Peach Salsa: Combine ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat greased grill to medium and cook for about 6 min.
- per side or until no longer pink Serve with salsa.