Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My neighbor gave me some tomatoes from her garden. I didn't want to peel/can them, so I used Gerry's " Sun-Dried " Tomatoes, then made some tomato pesto. The Gouda cheese used is the aged, harder type that you can grate. This is the gorgeous result.
- NOTE: If your dried tomatoes are very dry, soak in water for about 1/2 hour or 'til tender. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the water for the recipe.
- NOTE: If your tomatoes are stored in olive oil, drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the oil for the recipe, then rinse tomatoes for 2 seconds and let drain.
- In a food processor bowl, combine all ingredients except oil and water. Process until well blended but not paste.
- Slowly add the oil in a stream while the processor is running.
- Add the water and blend until of desired consistency.
- Long blending will produce a thicker sauce.
- If it's too thick, add more water (not oil) until of desired consistency.
- One tablespoon equals one serving on an average-size bowl of pasta.
- Garnish with chopped dried tomatoes.
- Too good --.
- Makes about 1-1/2 cups. Can be frozen.
Kathy ... thank you. Another "keeper" at our house!