Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe out of one of the free little leaflets that you get from different companies. I scaled it down to a recipe suited for 2 because we are empty nesters. NOTE: Please feel free to experiment with different type of tomato dressings!!!
- 2 top loin pork chops
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free tomato and herb salad dressing (brand of your choice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper and brown in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add salad dressing and pepper sauce to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
These were so simple and easy to prepare, just perfect for a mid week meal. Definitely add the tabasco to taste as the dressing alone would probably make a fairly sweet pan gravy (unless you really like sweet). The quality of the final dish, as Bergy mentioned, depends on the dressing you use. In my case, it was homemade using lots of fresh basil and oregano from my garden. Thanks JQ.
Neat easy recipe - I used a sundried tomato with oregano dressing it was not the best choice - it was good and I enjoyed it but could be better. I would use President's Choice Tomato Vidalia onion next time - It may be an idea to suggest one or two dressings. Thanks Jellyqueen for an easy quick recipe that I know I will use again