Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple sandwich that I have been eating since I was a little kid. I looked to see if I could find it on Zaar, but was not able to. I just had to post it. I know the ingredients seem like a very unlikely combination, but trust me, these sandwiches are really good! They remind me of summer. Please use fresh, ripe tomatoes! It makes a huge difference! I also reccomend using real mayo, not lite, fat free or miracle whip. This is not a low-fat sandwich, but I figure it is fine on occation...like when the tomatoes are ripe from the garden! Enjoy!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (I use natural)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (I prefer Hellman's Real Mayo)
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced (I prefer thick slices for this recipe)
- Toast bread.
- Spread one slice of bread with peanut butter.
- Spread mayo on top of peanut butter.
- Top with tomato slices
- Add 2nd piece of bread, cut in half and enjoy!