Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light and refreshing summer salad! Ripe tomatoes and peaches are delicious on their own, but even better together in this colorful combination. I adapted a recipe from Cooking Light Magazine to have a bolder taste from earthy arugula and sweet corn off the cob. I can't get enough corn during the summer, and leave it uncooked for crunch, but cooked is fine if you prefer. The sweetness of the fruits balance the bitterness of the arugula, though if you still don't like the bite, the salad is plenty good without!
- 1. Slice the tomatoes and peaches into wedges, about 1/2 inch thick. Slice the red onion into very thin strips.
- 2. Use a sharp knife to remove the corn from the cob.
- 3. Combine tomatoes, peaches, red onion, and corn in a bowl.
- 4. Combine vinegar, oil, and honey with a dash of salt and pepper and mix well. Drizzle this over the fruit and give it a toss to coat. Add more salt/pepper to taste.
- 5. Layer a serving plate with the arugula, and top with the coated fruit.
- 6. Chop the green onion and basil, and sprinkle over your salad along with the feta crumbles before serving.