Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Got this out of a library book "The Pantry Gourmet". It is said to be great with English muffins, bagels and cream cheese or lamb.
- 3 lbs tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 limes, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 4 peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups honey
- Slowly cook all of the ingredients for 2 to 3 hours, stirring frequently, until thick.
- Place in hot sterilized jars and seal.
- Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
I was thrilled to find this recipe again. I had that book years ago and lost it. I have made this recipe and it is delicious, double it and you won't be unhappy. The richness of the tomatoes, the sweetness of the peaches and the tart of the citrus make a wonderful combination. I am going to be making it this week as it is August and there are peaches and tomatoes galore right now in southern Ontario. Small jars make a great gift for friends.