Recipe by Cookin' Mommy
A chunky chutney of tomatoes and peaches in a sweet spiced sauce that will go well with pork chops or poultry. Adapted from a popular cooking and recipe magazine's newsletter.
Top Review by echo echo
I like the combination of tomatoes and peaches; the peppers were a strong enough addition to the taste that I think if I make it again, I'll cut back on the peppers for a more balanced taste. The combination of sugar, curry powder and ginger was interesting and different.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped seeded peeled
- 2 cups fresh peaches, chopped peeled
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients into a large saucepan.
- Stirring frequently, cook over medium heat for approximately 1 hour or until mixture has thickened.
- Ladle the chutney into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace and adjust caps. Process for 20 minutes in a boiling water bath.