Recipe by Sharon123
Combining small red tomatoes and baby squash, with a yummy dressing, this makes a colorful and delicious summertime salad!
Top Review by WiGal
I made ours with yellow squash, lemon juice, and green onion (instead of scallions). Love the colors and the tarragon! I quartered the recipe, but there was a lot of dressing. I am a bit confused about the arugula and put in some chopped lettuce and wish I had put in more. It is a tad tricky for me to rate this recipe b/c DH does not care for yellow squash or zucchini unless it has something crispy also in it to camouflage it. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR tag.
- 2 cups baby pattypan squash (and or or baby zucchini or yellow squash)
- 4 cups tomatoes (and or yellow currant tomatoes)
- snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives (or scallions)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (or red wine)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or lime)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- lettuce, of choice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook squash in a large saucepan, covered,in enough lightly salted boiling water to cover until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Cool vegsetables by adding cold water and ice cubes to pan; drain well.
- Combine the drained squash, tomatoes and herbs in a serving bowl. Add lettuce of choice if desired.
- In a screw top jar, combine remaining ingredients. Cover and shake well. Add half to salad; toss to coat. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Pass the remaining dressing Enjoy!