3 hrs 15 mins
Another way to get rid of the massive tomato harvest!
My Private Note
- 1Peel, core and chop tomatoes; measure to 8 quarts.
- 2Add salt.
- 3Place in a large stainless or enamel pot and simmer for 1 hour.
- 4Remove and put through a food mill.
- 5Return to pot and continue to cook-around 2 hours-or until it holds its shape-like tomato paste.
- 6Spoon into clean hot jars leaving 1/4-inch head space.
- 7Process in a boiling water bath for 30 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- 8Note-if your going to make quarter pints same process time please.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Paste
Serving Size: 1 (8748 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 635.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 9.6 g