Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Don't know where my mom got this recipe, ut this has become a favorite with people at work. Very good on a cold night!
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 cups water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup ditalini
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 15 ounces cannellini beans
- In a large Dutch oven, sauté onions and garlic in oil for 5 min over med heat.
- Add water, chicken bullion, crushed tomatoes, sage and basil; bring to a boil and stir in ditalini and frozen spinach.
- Bring back to a boil and cook 5 min; stirring often to break up spinach.
- Add beans and cook an additional 5 min or until pasta is done.