Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Dried chilies add spice to this pancetta and red wine pasta sauce. Remember the alcohol cooks out of the sauce so it is still perfectly acceptable to serve to kids!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 ounces pancetta, cut into matchsticks
- 2 dried chilies, flaked
- 2⁄3 cup red wine
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the pancetta with the dried chilies until crisp.
- Pour in the red wine and reduce by half, before stirring in the tomato sauce and oregano.
- Season to taste, simmer for 5 minutes and serve with penne and grated Parmesan.