Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 6 -8 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 garlic cloves (more or less to taste)
- olive oil
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill (or 2-3 tbsp dried)
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Heat a large deep skillet over high heat, and add olive oil.
- When hot, add garlic and cook until fragrant and golden brown.
- Add chopped, peeled tomatoes.
- Cook for about 25 minutes over med-low heat until relatively cooked down, and some of the liquid has evaporated.
- After some of the tomato liquid has cooked off, add the feta and dill.
- Leave over heat until feta begins to melt – about 2 minutes.
- Add cooked, drained pasta into the skillet and mix. Serve with more feta or parmesan cheese.
Lucid501, DH rates the pasta in this house and he rates severely... He liked it but said that feta cheese will never be his favourite in a sauce, even though he adores the stuff in a salad. So, I think that if you like feta in a sauce then this recipe will suit you just fine... it was easy to make and my only problem was that DH had picked out some semi ripe heirloom tomatoes, and the greenish bits didn't cook down as well as the rest. That didn't affect the flavour though which was good. Please see my rating system: a lovely 3 stars for a great recipe that DH was delighted to try out, but was less of his cup of tea once he tasted it. He's entirely happy to eat leftovers however and says thanks for posting as it's always good to give a new taste a try. Thanks !