Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an awesome cool and refreshing salad for the warmer weather, although it is great anytime. It uses such fresh delicious ingredients, it is perfect for picnics, barbeques, potlucks, etc.
- 1⁄2 lb shell macaroni, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon course black pepper
- Cook macaroni as directed and drain.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss macaroni in.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Karen Monahan, this pasta salad was quite good!!nice combination of tastes, I think next time I make it I will add a chopped jalapeno pepper to give it a little bite. Thanks for sharing.
Nice way to use up those tomatoes from the garden. No one really raved about this, but I enjoyed it. I think it may have been too much parsely for our taste.
This recipe was great! I was looking for a pasta salad that didn't involve salad dressing or mayo (b/c I didn't have any) and my husband and I thought this was awesome. I added some dried red pepper flakes for spice, and chopped avacado. I used regular onions because I didn't have green. I will definately make this again(and again and again...).