- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes (fresh or 28 oz. can)
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup shell pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-4 quart pot, heat garlic in oil until aromatic.
- Add water, tomatoes, chicken broth cubes, and sage and bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, breaking up spinach as it thaws, 5 to 7 minutes longer until pasta is tender.
- Stir in rinsed and drained beans and heat 1 minute longer.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.