Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This yummy frittata would fall under the category of sophisticated comfort food. If you don't have an ovenproof skillet, wrap the handle of your skillet with foil. Also, if you don't like or can't find pancetta feel free to use a nice ham instead.
Top Review by YankeeKat
Lovely, though yes, I did change it up. Dug out my cast iron skillet, once around with the olive oil and cranked the heat. I used 1 package of Pancetta, a quarter of a small onion, didn't have a tomato, so I used 1/3 can of drained diced tomatoes, tossed in a handful of frozen corn. Beat 6 eggs with salt, pepper and some dried chives for a bit of green since I used a sweet onion. Before putting pan in oven I used a couple handfuls of grated cheddar and some lovely grated Parmesan. I think Provolone would be scrumptious, and now will "plan" this meal and have some on hand.
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta, thinly sliced and chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup corn kernel
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 425ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Heat a large (10-inch) nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add the oil and heat until hot.
- Add the pancetta and cook for 2 minute.
- Stir in the corn and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chopped tomato and green onions; cook for 3-4 min or until the tomato begins to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the eggs.
- Cook, pushing down the sides and tilting the pan to let the eggs flow into the bottom of the pan.
- Do this for about 3-5 min or until the bottom and sides are set - the center will still look wet.
- Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Top the cheese with the sliced tomato and a few more sliced green onions if you desire.
- Bake for 5-8 min, or until the center is set.
- Let stand for 5 min and cut into wedges.