Recipe by AppleEnt
A family hit. Very hearty and filling! When reheating the soup add a little water as the orzo absorbs the liquid while sitting. Enjoy!
- 5 1⁄2 cups water (can add more if needed)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (vegetable broth works as well)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked orzo pasta (more can be added)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots and celery in a microwaveable bowl and add about ½ cup water (not from the 5 1/2 cups). Microwave on high until carrots and celery are soft, about 7 minutes. Drain water and set aside.
- Place water and all other ingredients in a stock pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered (with a little hole for steam) for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.