- 2 small oranges
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled seeded and cubed
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the zest of one orange, cut into julienne strips and set aside.
- Remove and discard peel from both oranges.
- Coarsely chop and place in a bowl; stir in tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour, to allow flavors to develop.
- Serve in soup bowls, topped with orange zest.