Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick easy salsa based on a Moosewood recipe. Will last 2-3 days in the fridge if it isn't polished off sooner
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 1 green chili pepper, minced
- 1 orange, sectioned and seeded with each section cut in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Let sit for 10-15 minues to allow the flavours to blend.
When I came across this recipe I just knew I had to try it, not only because of the orange that's listed, but also because it uses milder chili peppers than what's usually included ~ VERY, VERY TASTY SALSA, & one I'll be making again & again! Many thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in And the SECRET INGREDIENT Is . . .]
Pretty and delicious! I seeded the tomatoes and chopped the orange small. The sweetness of the orange was a nice surprise each time I got a bite with some in it. Nice balance of flavors. Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.
A deliciously mild and citrusy salsa. I used a serrano pepper and left the orange chunks large. Colorful; delicious the next day too. Thanks!