Recipe by SJG3483
This recipe seems strange, but it has a great flavor. It makes way too much sauce, so serve it with a side dish that will soak some of it up. I suggest rice, though stuffing or potato kugel work very well too.
Top Tweak by PastorTootie Capps
Turned out pretty good for not taking a long time. Substituted tomato juice for tomato soup and let it cook down. Lowered fat content. Cutting the chicken up after it had cooked a bit was a great idea!! One I won't soon forget. I think next time, it needs to be a little sweeter, decrease tomato and add more orange juice. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
Reccomended side dish
- 4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into thin strips (this may be easier if you partially cook the chicken, then cut it, and then finish cooking it) Using medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet.
- Remove from skillet and lower heat to medium.
- Heat remaining oil and cook pepper and onion.
- Add all other ingredients to the pot and heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet so that it is hot.