1/2 Photos of Tomato Open Sandwiches with Peanut Butter
The perfect, quick, bachelor-y lunch for when you're hard pressed for time! This healthy recipe includes the 4 main food groups, so tuck in, and double the recipe if you're really hungry! :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the spinach leaves, shake off excess water, place in a microwave-proof bowl, and microwave on high for 30 seconds or until just wilted.
- 2Alternatively, you can omit this step and just have it raw, or use lettuce leaves.
- 3Spread the peanut butter evenly over the bread slices.
- 4Place 1-2 wilted spinach leaves (or lettuce) over each slice, and top with tomato slices.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6Toast on a grilling rack in the oven (300C) for 5-7 minutes or until the bottom of the bread is slightly brown.
- 7Eat immediately, with fresh fruit for a healthy lunch!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Open Sandwiches with Peanut Butter
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.7
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 365.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 9.5 g