Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The perfect, quick, bachelor-y lunch for when you're hard pressed for time! This healthy recipe includes the 4 main food groups, so tuck in, and double the recipe if you're really hungry! :-)
- Wash the spinach leaves, shake off excess water, place in a microwave-proof bowl, and microwave on high for 30 seconds or until just wilted.
- Alternatively, you can omit this step and just have it raw, or use lettuce leaves.
- Spread the peanut butter evenly over the bread slices.
- Place 1-2 wilted spinach leaves (or lettuce) over each slice, and top with tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toast on a grilling rack in the oven (300C) for 5-7 minutes or until the bottom of the bread is slightly brown.
- Eat immediately, with fresh fruit for a healthy lunch!
This is an old favorite in the summer time with garden tomatoes but we always added green onion and left off the lettuce.
This was very good. I wanted something different and this was it. Very unusual compared to the typical peanut butter combinations used in the U.S., which are usually sweet. Definitely use FRESH peanut butter!
Anu, this was EXCELLENT! Thank-you so much. The minute I saw this recipe, I knew my dinner was fixed for tonight:) I made this using spinach leaves, but I think it'll go better with lettuce leaves, it's like an 'Open Burger' :) Thanks so much, I really LOVE THIS RECIPE :)