Recipe by Soobeeoz
I threw this together using ingredients I had on hand, and while nothing special to look at it was quite tasty. Fresh herbs might also be a nice addition. Quantities are approximate. Could be made as an omelet if preferred. I had mine on buttered toast.
Top Review by mpumphrey1
This is a good breakfast or brunch meal. The only thing I did different was I used mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar cheese and I didn't use milk because I forget. It was still good. I will definitely make again
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 very small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk (optional)
- vegetable oil
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan on low to medium heat, then throw in onion and sugar. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Throw in mustard, stir to combine, and cook until onion is done to your liking, stirring as necessary.
- Combine eggs, salt, pepper and cream cheese - don't worry if the cheese doesn't incorporate, it will once it's heated - and throw into pan, stirring everything together. If mixture is too thick, add a little milk.
- Add tomatoes, stirring and cooking until eggs are almost done, then add grated cheese and stir to melt and heat through.
- Add extra salt & pepper if desired.