I threw this together using ingredients I had on hand, and while nothing special to look at it was quite tasty. Fresh herbs might also be a nice addition. Quantities are approximate. Could be made as an omelet if preferred. I had mine on buttered toast.
- Heat oil in pan on low to medium heat, then throw in onion and sugar. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Throw in mustard, stir to combine, and cook until onion is done to your liking, stirring as necessary.
- Combine eggs, salt, pepper and cream cheese - don't worry if the cheese doesn't incorporate, it will once it's heated - and throw into pan, stirring everything together. If mixture is too thick, add a little milk.
- Add tomatoes, stirring and cooking until eggs are almost done, then add grated cheese and stir to melt and heat through.
- Add extra salt & pepper if desired.
This is a good breakfast or brunch meal. The only thing I did different was I used mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar cheese and I didn't use milk because I forget. It was still good. I will definitely make again
This certainly is a tasty treat. I peeled the tomato by covering on boiling water for 30 -40 seconds before peeling and chopping into small chunks. I didn't use any milk and removed pot from heat before the eggs were completely set, just a little bit runny. Served it on my Healthy Household Bread toasted. DH remarked that "this is lovely!!" We had it as a late lunch and it would also work well for a brunch time meal. Made for PAC Fall 2012.