1/2 Photos of Tomato Onion Salad
from today's ny times, and your garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak onion in salted cold water while preparing other ingredients, about 30 minutes.
- 2Whisk or blend together garlic, tahini and cumin, and add lemon juice; the mixture will become very thick.
- 3Thin with hot water, a tablespoon at a time, just so the mixture can be spooned.
- 4(It will thin further when tossed with tomatoes).
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Toss onion, tomatoes and parsley with dressing.
- 7Taste, adjust the seasonings and serve over lettuce leaves.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.6
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g