Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have no idea where I found this recipe, but it looks like a good one. Even better if you have home-grown tomatoes and basil!
- 709.77 ml tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 453.59 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 177.44 ml onion, diced
- 59.14 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 36.97 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- Combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over tomatoes and onions and toss well.
- Serve cold.
Great, light salad! I liked the creaminess also that the mustard gave. I added just a pinch of sugar to my taste. Thanks Di!
This salad is outstanding! Unfortunately it's about 2 months too early for our garden tomatoes, but store bought still tasted good. I used sweet onion instead of regular. There is just the right amount of delicious dressing for this salad. The dijon gives the dressing a little bit of a creamy consistancy, which is nice, while the pepper added some bite. Thanks for a delicious, healthy, low fat salad!!!