Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have no idea where I found this recipe, but it looks like a good one. Even better if you have home-grown tomatoes and basil!
- 3 cups tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over tomatoes and onions and toss well.
- Serve cold.
Great, light salad! I liked the creaminess also that the mustard gave. I added just a pinch of sugar to my taste. Thanks Di!
This salad is outstanding! Unfortunately it's about 2 months too early for our garden tomatoes, but store bought still tasted good. I used sweet onion instead of regular. There is just the right amount of delicious dressing for this salad. The dijon gives the dressing a little bit of a creamy consistancy, which is nice, while the pepper added some bite. Thanks for a delicious, healthy, low fat salad!!!