Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Perfect for cookouts and barbecues during the summer.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Arrange tomato and onion slices in rows on a serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped basil. Drizzle evenly with marinade.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
You can't beat Tomtoes & Onions together - Add some fresh basil, balsamic and a bit of olive oil -Perfection. I didn't use any sugar. 5 star all the way
Strong balsamic flavor - rich and smoky, but for me, too overwhelming. I would dilute it (maybe mine was too potent a brand) or use less next time. Easy to fix and pretty to look at. Thank you for a nice change.