- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Arrange tomato and onion slices in rows on a serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped basil. Drizzle evenly with marinade.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.