Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this yet and when I do I will have to "defat" it. So for anyone who wants the full fat version. Here is is from an old T.O.H. Magazine
- 73.94 ml butter, melted
- 7 sheet phyllo dough, 18 X 14 inches
- 103.53 ml grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced onion
- 7-9 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 7.39 ml minced fresh oregano or 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml minced fresh thyme or 1.23 ml dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brush a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan with some of the melted butter. Lay in a sheet of phyllo dough. Flod the edges to fit. Make sure you keep the remaining dough covered with wax paper to keep from drying out.
- Brush the dough with mutter and sprinkle with 1 tbsp parmesan cheese. Repeat this five times, folding the edge on each layer.
- Top with remaining dough, fold edges to fit pan. Brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Arrange the onion and the tomatoes over the cheese. Sprinkle with the oregano and the thyme, salt and pepper and the remaining parmesan.
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.