Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ideal for a quick dinner accompanied by crusty French bread and a tossed salad.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced in rounds
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat 2 T olive oil in a skillet that you can eventually place under the broiler.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add 1 T olive oil and heat.
- Add eggs seasoned with salt, pepper, parsley and cheese.
- Cook until bottom of frittata begins to solidify.
- Gently place the rounds of tomato on the egg mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat until top of frittata firms, about 5 minutes.
- Finish by placing under preheated broiler for a minute or two until lightly browned.
- Cut into triangles.
I love this recipe and use it as a simple base for fritattas of any kind - I add a multitude of veggies and different cheeses for a simple, quick meal. I usually use 5-6 eggs and a splash of milk instead of water.