Recipe by JOHN TYLER
This is an interesting and tasty accompaniment to summer cookouts or steaks broiled on a cold winter night. The lack of pasta makes this low in calories and carbohydrates.
- 6 -8 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 6 yellow onions, sliced thin
- parmesan cheese
- 1 (2 5/8 ounce) bottle Salad Supreme dry seasoning (found in the spice section of grocery store)
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully squeeze tomatoes to remove seeds and slice thinly.
- Slice onions thinly also.
- Spray non-stick coating on glass casserole dish and layer onion and tomato slices sprinkling seasoning and cheese in between layers.
- Toss bread crumb with melted butter first, then add cheese to taste.
- Top casserole with bread crumb/cheese mixture and bake for 1 hour at 325°F, covering with foil for first half-hour.
- Drain and excess liquid and let stand before serving.