- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 pearl onions, peeled and halved
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, juice included
- 4 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until onions are soft and golden, about 8 to 10 minutes, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the tomatoes and add the juice, white wine, balsamic vinegar, and dried basil to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to simmer, partially cover, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Stir in reserved tomatoes and continue to cook another 5 minutes.