Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a relish that can be used as an appetizer. I view it more as a salad.
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled
- 1⁄4 cucumber, peeled
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 green chilies, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Blanch tomatoes for 30-60 sec then place in a bowl of cold water. The skins will slip off easily.
- Cut tomatoes in quarters and cut each quarter in half. Remove seeds.
- Cut cucumber lengthwise into quarters, remove seeds and cut in cubes.
- Cut onion quarters into slices.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle with lime juice add chilies if using.
I didn't use the chili's since my husband can't eat really spicy food, but as they are optional I had hoped this would be fine without them. We found this to be rather bland - even after increasing the lime juice. I lked the combination of veggies, the dressing just needs some work. Thank you Samantha for contributing to Zaar. Reviewed for ZWT 4 Asian countries