Recipe by Pietro
If you like flans, then this recipe is sure to please. Easy to make and has a variety of nice ingredients.
- 2 medium onions
- 6 medium egg shape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 180 g bocconcini
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut onion into eight wedges. Place on an oiled oven tray and bake uncovered in a 240 degree celsius oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds. Add tomatoes and crushed garlic to onion, drizzle with olive oil and bake for further 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft and browned lightly.
- Arrange tomato and onion mixture on the base of an oiled shallow 26cm round flan dish.
- Add bocconcini, basil and half of the parmesan cheese.
- Whisk eggs, flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Gradually whisk in milk.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetable mixture in the flan dish. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 160 degree celsius oven for about 1 hour or until flan is just set.
- Serve with a green salad.