Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Incredibly simple and full of flavor. My grandpa and I eat tons of it.
Make and share this Tomato on Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slice tomatoes
- 1 slice toasted English muffin
- 29.58 ml crumbled blue cheese
- 0.25 ml italian seasoning
- Put slices of tomato to fill top of toasted english muffin (butter toast if you wish).
- Sprinkle tomato with bleu cheese and dash of Italian seasoning (or your own favorite seasoning).
- Microwave about 40 seconds or until bleu cheese just begins to melt.
I am not sure whether i would like the open faced sandwich with runny tomatoe juice, maybe the recipe needs some mending.
I love blue cheese. I love tomatoes. I love English muffins. But, somehow, this open-faced sandwich just didn't come together for me. The flavors didn't blend well, and I didn't find it that pleasing. It was quick and easy, and might satisfy someone else's cravings, though.