Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Grilling these portobellos give them a smoky flavor. Serve them with whole-wheat couscous or a piece of grilled bread and a mixed green salad for a quick and easy meal.
- 2⁄3 cup plum tomato, chopped (2-3 tomatos)
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped or 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, 5 inches wide
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- In a small bowl, combine tomatos, olives, rosemary, garlic, cheese, pepper and 1 tspn oil.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Discard mushroom stems. Remove and discard brown gills from the underside of the caps using a spoon.
- In another small bowl, mix the remaining 1 tspn oil, lemon juice and soy sauce. Brush the mixture over both sides of the caps.
- Oil a grill rack.
- Place the caps on the rack, stem sides down, cover and grill until soft (~5 minutes per side).
- Remove from grill and fill with tomato mixture.
- Return to grill, cover, and cook until the cheese is melted (~3 minutes).
- Serve warm.