Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
I adore basil, and I can't think of anything that goes better with it than mozarella and tomatoes : )
- 4 English muffins, split
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or more if you are like me)
- 4 large tomatoes, very ripe
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 pitted black olives, halved
- 1 3⁄4 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- salt and pepper
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- Toast muffin halves uner broiler until golden, about 2-3 minutes
- Mix garlic, butte and basil together and spread on each muffin half.
- Cut cross shape in the base of each tomato and plunge into bowl of boiling water. After a few minutes, pick up tomato with a fork and peel away skin.
- Chop tomato flesh and mix with tomato paste and olives.
- Divide mixture between muffins.
- Mix dressing ingredients and drizzle over each muffin. Arrange mozarella slices on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Return muffins to broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with basil and serve at once.