Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Garden tomatoes are good to use in this salad! A very thinly sliced red onion placed on top of the tomatoes can be used if desired. If you love tomatoes you will love this salad...try to use only tarragon vinegar for this.
Top Review by jamielpapa
I was looking for a pasta salad recipe and found this..so instead of making the tomato salad, I used the dressing for the pasta! I LOVE garlic, so I used more than called for. Also, I only had balsamic vinager and parsley instead of oregano, but everything else I kept the same. It's awesome! Thanks for sharing!
- 6 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 -5 large ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine vinegar, oregano, Dijon, shallots, minced garlic, minced ginger, oil, salt and pepper' whisk to combine.
- Arrange the tomato slices on a platter, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper if desired .
- Sprinkle with chopped olives, then feta cheese.
- Drizzle with enough dressing to coat.
- Pass the remaining dressing on the side.