Recipe by *Nabiha*
I love this soup, found it on allrecipes.com ages ago. It's my healthiest quick fix when I'm really hungry and don't have time to prepare a meal. Not only do the oats give a lovely texture to the soup, but also make it very filling....Lovely with crusty toasted bread. You could use stock cubes or liquid stock from the carton instead of the bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup oats
- 5 large tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium-low heat. Pour in the olive oil, and let it heat up.
- Add the oats; cook and stir until toasted.
- In a blender or large food processor, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, 1 cup of water, and cilantro. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into the pan with the toasted oats.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups of water, and bring to a boil.
- Mix in the salt and chicken bouillon.
- Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy hot or warm.