This is good served over buttered and toasted French bread slices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup sweet vermouth or 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1In a large pot, cook the onion and garlic in hot butter and oil for 5 minutes or so; stir frequently.
- 2Add in the mushrooms; stir to combine.
- 3Cover and cook 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- 4Add in the broth, water, vermouth or sherry, tomato paste, and pepper; stir.
- 5Bring to a boil; lower heat, cover pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6Ladle soup into individual bowls; sprinkle with parmesan cheese and basil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (562 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.3
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 1250.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: