1/1 Photo of Tomato Mushroom Soup
Basically a vegetable soup with mushrooms. Had a bumper crop of tomatoes, and needed to use them up. Everyone seemed to like it, so I decided to post it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced (type your choice)
- 59.16 ml butter, divided
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 1892.72 ml beef broth
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, minced (if using dried, use half the amount)
- sour cream (may use low fat or light if desired) (optional)
- 1In a dutch oven, melt 2 1/2 tbsp butter. Add mushrooms and saute until tender. Remove the mushrooms, and set aside.
- 2Add the remaining butter (1 1/2 tbsp) and melt. Add onions, garlic, carrots and celery. Saute until tender. Stir in the flour until smooth. Once the flour has made a smooth paste, add the broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and half of the mushrooms.
- 3Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add the parsley and the remaining mushrooms. Simmer for 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 4Garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 980.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g