Prep 12 mins
Cook 40 mins
Are You A Pasta Lover??? You'll Love This!!!
Make and share this Tomato Mushroom Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced carrot
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- cooked penne
- parmesan cheese
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet.
- Add onion and carrot.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook 4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, cook 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste,and thyme.
- Bring to a boil; rduce heat and simmer, stirring to break up tomatoes, 30 min.
- Add cream, salt, and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Toss with cooked penne, Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan.
Just wonderful!! :) I ended up adding some garlic-cooked-chicken-breast for extra filling-up of bellies, which went perfectly with the tomato/parmesan of the pasta. I will be making this again!
Wonderful pasta!!! I love the flavors and textures of this pasta!! I used portobello mushrooms and fire-roasted tomatoes. Also, mini penne and I threw in red pepper flakes when I was seasoning my mix along the way. Since I used the fire-roasted tomatoes which are already chopped up, I just cooked my sauce until the liquid had cooked and evaporated away and that only took 15 minutes. Love the richness that the cream adds!! Thanks for this wonderful recipe!!
Very tasty, very filling, a great all round family meal. I personally don't like carrots but they do give a great flavour in this recipe. I added slightly more cream as it needed using up. Instead of slicing my mushrooms I quartered them.