Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Green beans with a little bite.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook garlic, salt, herb seasoning and pepper until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, jalepeno pepper and 2 tablespoons water; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are tendercrisp, about 10 minutes.
Another winner Dorothy - I did the recipe in a wok, did the garlic and Italian seasoning in about 1 tsp of lite olive oil, added the mushrooms, jalapeno and beans after 5 minutes added the tomatoes, seasoned with salt & pepper, stir fried for about 3 minutes longer and perfect. Tender crisp beans with the added flavor of mushrooms , garlic & tomato I cut the recipe in half - no problem. Because I stir fried I did not need any water. Very tasty recipe, again, Thanks Dorothy