Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful salad with an italian flair.
- 2 fresh mozzarella balls
- 5 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Slice mozzarella into one-quarter inch thick slices.
- Alternately layer cheese and tomato slices in circles on a round serving platter.
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and scatter the basil leaves all over the top of the salad.
Delicious! I added about 1/2 cup of diced genoa salami and left out the salt. We didn't have fresh basil, so I used the basil that comes in a paste in a tube from the produce section and it worked, but I am sure that fresh would have been better. Cannot wait to try it over mixed greens, too. Thanks.
I make this all the time but I add some garlic to it. Be careful not to add too much though because it can get really strong.mmmmm my mouth is watering thinking about it. Sometimes I use the coctail sized bocconcini balls and cherry tomatoes just for a convience. Less cutting to do...