Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you have ever baked with phyllo, then I urge you to make this recipe, I have made this 4 times in the last month, it is the most wonderful phyllo recipe! I served this to my guests just recently and was asked to prepare this for an upcoming friend's party. You will love this!
Top Review by Lynne Cooks
This was a great recipe - I wish I was better at using phyllo dough! Even though I wasn't, this recipe was a big hit with me and the family. Like with regular pizza, we added other toppings: mushrooms, olives and peppers. Yum!
- 6 -7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or more or less)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste, I used sliced)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm ripe tomatoes, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375.
- Brush a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with butter.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet in prepared pan (edges may go up sides of baking pan).
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layer with remaining phyllo, melted butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Top with layers of mozzarella cheese (I used sliced mozza cheese to make sure that the cheese was even) onion, then tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with oregano and thyme.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the edges are golden brown, the cheese melts and the tomatoes are tender.
- Let stand for 6 minutes before slicing.