Recipe by BakinBaby
This comes from the Land O Lakes Pasta Book. Just right for making in the summer when fresh tomatoes are in season.
Top Review by Halcyon Eve
This is a very tasty, quick and easy pasta salad. I used dried herbs as I didn't have fresh, and I left out the chili flakes for DS's sake. I can imagine that as good as it was, it would be even better with fresh herbs. DH devoured his large helping and went back for more. Even DS liked it, despite his dislike of fresh tomatoes. The fresh mozzarella added a wonderful creamy texture to the salad--it was definitely better than aged mozzarella would have been! Thanks so much for posting, BakinBaby! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag game.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (chopped)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces dry pasta
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 8 roma tomatoes (cut into 3/4-inch pieces)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (cut in 3/4 pieces)