This comes from the Land O Lakes Pasta Book. Just right for making in the summer when fresh tomatoes are in season.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (chopped)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces dry pasta
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 8 roma tomatoes (cut into 3/4-inch pieces)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (cut in 3/4 pieces)
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Cook pasta, rinse with cold water and drain.
- In large bowl gently toss together pasta and vegetables.
- Pour dressing over and toss gently.
- Cover, refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
This is a very tasty, quick and easy pasta salad. I used dried herbs as I didn't have fresh, and I left out the chili flakes for DS's sake. I can imagine that as good as it was, it would be even better with fresh herbs. DH devoured his large helping and went back for more. Even DS liked it, despite his dislike of fresh tomatoes. The fresh mozzarella added a wonderful creamy texture to the salad--it was definitely better than aged mozzarella would have been! Thanks so much for posting, BakinBaby! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag game.
Made for 123 Tag. Ooo my Dear...we love pasta salads and this was just so good! the fresh herbs make the dish in my opinion.
This is a wonderful change from my usual tomato and mozzarella salad with the addition of the pasta giving it a new texture and dimension! I used 1/2 tsp each of dried crushed basil and the dried oregano as it is winter and my garden fresh is not available. It is to nice to be able to have the wonderful fresh taste of this colorful salad on my table in this drab wintertime! Thank you, BakinBaby!